Shelter 101/201 Training
This course introduces volunteers to the role and responsibilities of Public Health in Emergency Preparedness and Response Shelters. The training will provide an overview of the following:
- Delaware Division of Public Health’s roles and responsibilities for Emergency Preparedness and Response including the; State Health Operations Center (SHOC), Modular Medical Expansion System, and Points of Dispensing (POD) System.
- Division of Public Health Medical operations in shelters
- Role of public health in shelter operations
- Type of care to be provided in a general population shelter
- Concept and the purpose of shelter levels
- Concept of the Alternate Care Site
- Shelter emergency kits – review Inventory list of Shelter and Nurse bag
- Brief scenario of Disaster Health Services Protocol
- Triage Training – Simple Triage And Rapid Treatment (START)
Presenters Tim Cooper and Dr. Hong. Training is REQUIRED for ALL who wish to volunteer in a shelter.
Contact DMRC if you would like additional information.