All RespondDE/DMRC volunteers must complete an on-line DMRC Orientation to the program and certain other required training. Please see RespondDE/DMRC Calendar of Events for unit activities and RespondDE/DMRC unit trainings and details. For events, trainings, exercises and events specific to the DE BEST team, be sure to monitor DE BEST Calendar of Events. See below for training details.
- DMRC Online Orientation Training – Click to take DMRC On-line Orientation Training. (Click here after viewing for certification.)
- Psychological First Aid – Required only for DE BEST volunteers:
- NOTE: This training may be found online and with other agencies. (Click here for details.)
- Crisis Counseling Program Training (SAMHSA) – Required only for DE BEST volunteers,
- IS-100.C: Introduction to the Incident Command System
- IS-700.B: An Introduction to the National Incident Management System
Suggested Trainings for DE BEST Team Volunteers
Select training name for details. See calendar for currently scheduled team trainings.
- MRC Core Competencies Volunteer Training Plan (an MRC account must be created)
- Compassion Fatigue / Burnout Prevention
- CPR/AED or BLS for Healthcare Providers Training
- Cultural Competence
- Family Emergency Preparedness
- ICS (IS-100) & NIMS (IS-700) – Introduction to the Incident Command System and the National Incident Management System (Combined Course) offered for DMRC volunteers as a face-to-face alternative to FEMA’s online courses.
- “Interactive Psychological Improv”
- Intro to Disaster & Trauma Counseling – Required for DE BEST volunteers.
- Mental Health Support Following a Disaster
- Naloxone “Train the Trainer”
PLEASE NOTE: If you have taken any courses mentioned on this page, please send us your certificate so that we may update your account.
Quarterly Meetings are held the first month of the following quarter. These will share team activities and include short presentation and/or skill-building activities. These are being held virtually at this time.
Team Trainings are offered at least twice a year. Topics will surround community mental health, resilience, preparedness and disaster/crisis response.
The DE BEST Committee Bimonthly Meeting is led by the DE BEST Committee Board Chair. All DE BEST volunteers are invited to participate. The Committee is intended to review activities and provide program feedback. Meetings are interactive and provide volunteers opportunities to voice requests for trainings, activities, and new programs for DE BEST. Please send special requests for discussion topics to email@example.com in advance.
See RespondDE/DMRC’s Calendar for currently scheduled RespondDE/DMRC Unit Meetings and Trainings (these are typically offered quarterly for all unit volunteers).
Other sites are recommended for additional trainings. Please visit Delaware’s Learning Center (DLC), DE TRAIN, DEMA and/or FEMA. It is recommended that all volunteers create an account with each of these so that you can maintain a transcript of your learning. As always, please share your certificates with us upon completion.