Psychological First Aid Training
Psychological First Aid Trainings are offered for free by many online organizations. The PFA training program offered by Minnesota Department of Health is a free online, self-led PFA training. Once you have completed the Power Point and Videos below, please contact us via email to take the post-course test. (Other links can be shared on Training: PFA Links)
Psychological First Aid training videos
- Psychological First Aid Part 1: Introduction to Psychological First Aid – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS_SvkbqxMo
- Psychological First Aid Part 2: The Impact of Trauma – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16wuLVWd54Y
- Psychological First Aid Part 3: Principles of Psychological First Aid – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p9zBC6eChw
- Psychological First Aid Parts 4 & 5: Techniques and the “Dos” and “Don’ts” of PFA – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOJ2KMHoj7A
- Psychological First Aid Part 6: Responder Self Care – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TyZYFjylrc
First Responder Toolkit App
- Developed to help disaster responders of all disciplines to understand and manage their stress. The toolkit that is currently available is a very scaled-down Beta version of the app that will be available later this year. We are pushing out this app now because we believe that it is critical during COVID-19 that responders stay aware of their risk of burnout, compassion fatigue, and traumatic stress so that they can take steps to reduce that risk. The toolkit includes self-assessment checklists, and self-care tips and resources. It is intentionally laid out it a simple format so that highly stressed responders will find the resources simple to use and to understand.
Contact DE BEST if you would like additional information.